Next Volunteer Open House & Training Session:
Join us for an Open House for potential volunteers. We will have complimentary refreshments, take a behind-the-scenes tour, and have an usher training session. All are welcome! We would love your help as we expand our lineup and programs!
Tuesday, September 20, 2016 – 6:00 p.m.
Join our team at the Oxford Performing Arts Center! If you enjoy the arts and want to help other people enjoy them as well, consider becoming a member of our Volunteer Team.
Volunteers are a crucial part of the operation of the Oxford Performing Arts Center. Whether ushering at one or more of our many performances and events or representing the Center at community events, our volunteers play an integral role in our success. Our volunteers are a diverse and fun group to work with and enjoy sharing their time and talents with us.
Who Can Be a Volunteer?
We want volunteers who:
- Have a love and respect for live entertainment and the arts.
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Are friendly, outgoing, and enjoy working with people,
- Are willing to commit to at least six (6) performances annually. We typically have over 100 to choose from.
- Are interested in the mission of the Oxford Performing Arts Center
- Are at least 16 years of age.
What Do Volunteers Do?
Volunteers work primarily during performances, serving as greeters, ticket-takers, and ushers. Volunteers arrive one hour and fifteen minutes before the performance start time.
Volunteers must be willing to sign up for and work a variety of events. Volunteers may choose their own performances. Assignments are given on a first-come first-served basis.